Terms & Conditions
If you are not completely happy with our service, then please tell us within 48 hours in order that we may remedy the situation. We guarantee the quality of our cleaning.
- All our teams are fully trained.
- They are uniformed.
- All our staff are fully vetted and insured.
- Staff will not eat, drink or smoke in your home.
- Our training and working practices are designed to ensure that we comply with all applicable health and safety regulations.
About our tailor-maid service
- Our 'thorough' clean will involve the thorough top to bottom dusting, wiping, vacuuming and mopping of all rooms. Bathrooms and Kitchens will be thoroughly cleansed.
- Our 'quick clean' involves the dusting and/or wiping of horizontal surfaces and the vacuuming and/or mopping of floors.
- We can plan for designated rooms to be cleaned on a 'quick clean' basis and then at agreed intervals receive a 'thorough clean'.
- Certain tasks, such as the pulling out of beds and sofas (where appropriate) and the wiping down of certain tiled areas, can be completed on a rota basis. Please advise if you require any rota items completing on a clean.
- Interior windows can be cleaned on a rota basis, however, if required we will clean them all at once.
- We can plan your service so that we do specific tasks. We can do all the heavy cleaning or provide a more 'housekeeping' role such as washing, change bedding, general tidying a 'helping hand'.
- Our teams can provide ironing services, but we cannot provide a full guarantee for these services.
- We are happy to work with you in prioritising the areas we clean, so that you get the maximum benefit from our time and services.
- We prefer to work to your list of cleaning requirements or a Cleaning Schedule.
- We will arrive on any agreed date but cannot specify a time. We are able to work between 8.30 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.
- Bookings are made by the 'maid-hour' and therefore we cannot guarantee completion of the clean.
- We charge strictly by the hour for each cleaner.
- We want to keep in regular contact with you in order to ensure that you get the best possible service.
- Please feel free to contact us by telephone or through our website.
- Bleach and abrasive products are only used at the customer’s request and risk.
- You pay on the day the service is done. Please leave a cheque for us, made payable to Abbey Cleaning Service or Cash.
- Payment for your first clean is by debit card, cheque or cash.
- We reserve the right to collect payments by recurring debit.
- Payment can be by standing order or BACS.
- Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to our debt collection agency Silverman. All accounts without exception will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus Vat to cover our costs of recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
- Special requests for additional services should be made 2 days before a service day. This ensures that these can be provided and payment agreed. However, we may be able to accommodate these on the service day. Please leave a note and we will invoice you accordingly.
- If your scheduled service day falls on a public holiday, then this clean will be cancelled and you should contact us to re-arrange an alternative date.
- We will treat your home with the greatest of care. Please inform us of any items that are irreplaceable, so that we can make special arrangements for care.
- To provide a safe working environment for our staff, e.g. safe electrical appliances, securely fixed wardrobes, cupboards, shelves etc.
- To pay promptly for all cleaning hours provided.
- During the period of this agreement and for a period of 12 months after the termination of this agreement, the client will not employ any staff that have been employed by Abbey Cleaning Service , we reserves the right to claim any damages, loss of earnings, recruitment costs, training costs and any court costs where appropriate, subject to a minimum of £250.
- The client may not employ Abbey Cleaning Service staff.
- Please ensure that access is provided. Otherwise we are obliged to charge you.
- We can devote more of our time in providing you with the best of our professional services should you spend a few moments tidying before we arrive.
- Please contact us, giving us at least 3 full working days notice if you do not want a particular clean or are on holiday. Cancellations for individual cleans require 3 full working days notice in order to re-schedule our team and avoid having to charge you.
- Our cancellation charges are dependent upon the notice given and are as follows: Outside 2 full working days; nil, 2 working days 25%, 1 working day 33%, Same day 50%, upon arrival 75%
- Should you be unable to commence your cleaning service after payment of the initial fee, this can be refunded subject to a £10 administration fee over plus any fees incurred for late cancellation.
- After we have provided 2 months service, we will require a notice period for the cancellation of the service. We will require a notice period for cancellation of the lesser of 2 visits or 4 weeks.
- We are fully insured for public liability, employer’s liability, and consequential loss of keys.
- Our accidental damage insurance is subject to an excess of £250 and excludes damage caused by the use of abrasive products or the use and spillage of bleach. We do not provide cover for accidental damage for the first £250 of any loss. Please make your own insurance arrangements for the excess.
- All our teams are fully trained and endeavour to treat your home and possessions with the greatest care.
- We do endeavour to provide the same cleaning team where appropriate or requested. However this may not always be possible due to holidays, absences, varying cleaning frequencies & other commitments.
Data Protection Act By providing us with the information overleaf you consent to us obtaining (whether from you or from others), holding and using personal data about you in connection with the business of domestic cleaning services as specified above and overleaf for so long as may be reasonably required for our legitimate purposes.
We will use that information for communicating with you. We may also provide that information to third parties with a legitimate reason to receive it connection with your dealings (e.g. transferee of our business) with us or to such third parties as required by you or the law, whether within or outside the European Economic area.